RESERVATIONS

Our History

The Distrikt Hotel first opened in August 2017 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Elements like vaulted beams, original woodwork and the limestone exterior from 1923 remain intact.

First built in 1923 the lobby is located in the original tower with the second tower coming to life in 1927. What was once the Salvation Army’s chapel, has been re-imagined into the hotel’s main lobby. The stage is original to the building as is the bottom row of wood paneling and old gallery seating. The current lounge seating is where the chapel’s pews once stood.

Guests will find thoughtful touches throughout the building paying homage to our great city. Upon entering the lobby guests are greeted with a steel map depicting the city of Pittsburgh, a node to our nickname “Steel City”. This is also represented in the steel neighborhood plates found in the elevators. The rugs in the lobby are custom made and designed based off the Three Rivers of Pittsburgh coming together, the Allegheny, the Monongahela and the Ohio. Yellow and gold patterns are reminiscent of the more than 446 bridges throughout Pittsburgh.

On every floor you will find a steel step collage, featuring prominent sights and attractions from selected neighborhoods in the Pittsburgh area. The spelling of Distrikt is related back to the Dutch origins.